Sunday, January 4, 2009

Great Blue Zeus!

Today I went to the Getty Villa Museum in Malibu! Located at the original location of the Getty museum, the Villa displays the Getty's Collection of Greek and Roman art work. The whole place is beautiful and build as a replica of an ancient Roman Villa. I had such a good time I lost track of time and spent over 6 hours at the place! I'm convinced that museums are the equivalent of amusement parks for adults! haha

Photobucket

Yesterday when I was drawing the statues at my brother's school I was thinking how I really needed to practice drapery more, fortunately... It's not necessary when drawing from Greek & Roman Sculpture!

Photobucket

I had trouble making the faces look as they we're suposed to but I have the same problem when drawing people from life, so I guess this is something I need to work on.

Photobucket

I love to draw from statues so this place was sooo much fun to draw in!

One museum down... two more to go! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment